Dairy Science Park Balochistan Chapter was established consequent to a meeting of stakeholders from the Academea, Industry, Government and Civil Society. The meeting was held on the sidelines of Balochistan Livestock Expo 2019 inaugurated by Mr Arif Alvi, President of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Mr Jam Kamal Khan Chief Minister and Mr Dostain Khan Jamaldini Secretary Livestock pursued the arrangements aggressively.
The participants appreciated the efforts of the provincial government in organizing the great event targeted at bringing relief to the local farmers, processors and marketing partner, resulting in generation of decent employment and exportable surpluses across food value chain.
Quetta Chamber of Commerce and Industries offered hosting of the new born organization which was accepted by Prof M Subhan Qureshi, President DSP with thanks.
Secretary Livestock will supervise the body as Chief Patron and Dr Azam Kakar as Chief Technical Advisor. Ms Rubina Shahwani was elected as President and Dr Fayaz as Secretary. Advisory Panel. Executive Members would be notified soon.
DSP Balochistan Chapter would help the commercial farmers and products processors, linking with relevant universities, government departments , service providers and private companies providing feeds, biologics, medicines, semen and equipment.
Dairy Science Park (DSP) is a mission to serve the people of under-developed regions of Pakistan. Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province and the Federally Administered Tribal Areas. Prof Azam Kakar a world known Reproductive Biotechnologist has been supporting the mission through participation in the first, second and third international conference and industrial exhibition on Dairy Science Park during 2011, 2013 and 2015 at Peshawar and during 2017 at Konya, Turkey. We appreciate his support to the cause of DSP, especially consultation on Biorisk Management at Phuket and Colombo.
Consultation on integrating Biorisk Management concerns into the DVM curricula at Pakistani Universities was completed at Colombo. The global agenda of SNL on BRM was merged with the local agenda of DSP for food security, health security and economic empowerment of the youth, accepted by the United Nations as SDG Action 9671. DSP has successfully introduced postgraduate courses on BRM at UAP, KMU, Baluchistan University and BUITMS while WUM and SBBU are in the process of implementation. Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council has been taken on Board during the fifth consultative meeting and productive outcome it expected on their behalf.
It was recommended that an autonomous TechnoPark, to be registered as Society under Societies’ Registration Act XXI of 1860, will be established at Mardan (TPM), with leading role of Women University Mardan, Dairy Science Park, KP Chamber of Commerce and Industries/SMEDA and Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Similar TechnoPark will be established at Quetta (TPQ), which has already been agreed by BRSP, BCCI, SMEDA, BU, BUITMS and SBK WU and endorsed by Governor Balochistan. The Governor Balochistan and other organizations agreed on the concept during a visit of DSP Team, before DSP IV-2017 Konya.
Utilization of indigenous human and natural resources for welfare of the people around the Globe, through academia – industry linkages, with focus on entrepreneurship development, Halal/hygienic food production, biorisk management and production of quality-certified products under UN SDG Action9671
Effective use of the Information Technologies, Agricultural Technologies, Biotechnology, Design Technologies, Environment and Smart Energy IT Technologies available at the universities/R&&D organizations in the country and abroad, ensuring support to the provincial economy.
- Livestock Enterpreneurship Development Initiative (LEDI) is being launched.
- Transformation of the huge livestock resource-base sharing 42% of national sheep, 41% camel, 22% goats populations, valuing Rs.371 billion, into entrepreneurship models for generating decent employment for the youth and exportable surpluses for prosperity of the people in the Region.
- To utilize the strengths of the public service organizations in the province and get their inputs in pursuing the LDE Action Plan under patronage of the honorable Chief Minister Balochistan through the proposed Livestock Technopark Quetta. Guiding Principal: On-campus development of entrepreneurship models; supported by Govt Depts and industry/civil society for building the entrepreneurship network; leading to Halal food export.
- To support the private stakeholders facing serious issues of technical, regulatory, marketing, financial and administrative nature.
- To integrate these issues faced by the stakeholders, into the functions of the relevant government departments.
- To launch mega projects on slaughter houses, hides and skins processing, cold storages, chilled transportation and chilled cargo services at the airport and the aeroplanes.
- Establishing a Corporate Livestock Development and Policy Support Center for meeting requirements of corporate farming, processing, academia, government and service delivery entrepreneurship models
- Establishing a Quality Control and Traceability Laboratory at CASVAB with degree programs, for meeting the needs of stakeholders across livestock based food value chain facilitating entry of local products into national and international market.
- Establishing demo farms for mutton, dairy, beef, poultry and non-conventional commodities through public private partnership.
- To introduce quality control practices at all stages of livestock based food value chain (LBFVC) and certify the products for entering into local and international market
- To utilize the various activities across LBFVC for development entrepreneurship models involving the university graduates through the ORIC offices and facilitate registration of such companies.
- To introduce a Market-oriented Production Strategy
- To utilize the tunnel farming and hydroponic technology for fodders, fruits and vegetable production
- To develop water reservoirs in the deserted areas for fodders, fruits and vegetable production
- To establish Farmers Business Facilitation Centers in the remote areas and at the public/private sector organizations
- To establish LED Cell at Quetta CCI with the support of donors, getting internees from ORIC offices.
- To engage the ORIC Offices of universities into LED
- At the end of the year 2021 LTQ would be able to generate direct decent employment models to the tune of 18,000. each one earning about Rs. 50,000 per month and production of Hygienic, Halal and Organic food valuing Rs. 5,098 billion per annum. A faction of 10% may be injected into Halal Meat and Biotech Export Market.
- Establishing Mardan TechnoPark and Quetta TechnoPark agreed at Konya Teknokent
- Livestock Policy Balochistan finalized
- Livestock Expo Balochistan2019
- Entrepreneurs Show Balochistan 2019
- DSP VII 2019 Quetta
- Dairy Science Park Quetta
- Quetta Technopark
- Qureshi MS – Innovative Approach-FAO
- Governor Balochistan endorsed Quetta Technopark and DSP Chapter
- Livestock Expo Balochistan 2019
- Livestock EDI launched