Phase I – The Genesis
- Interaction with Meem Sheen as an Imam for Asar prayer, who was a famous journalist and an important organ of the Pakistan Freedom Movement
- Attended TV Lecture Series of Dr Israr Ahmad analyzing the history, current status and future of the Ummah in light of Qur’an and Hadith.
Developed my Life Motto as: Established my mission as “Dairy Science Park” (coined later on during 2010) to be gifted to Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as an attempt for socioeconomic support for the Third Revival of Ummah, as motivated by Meem Sheen; envisioned by Late Dr Israr Ahmad RA (Ahmad 1993) and supported by Late Jamila Subhan Qureshi. This was a very humble attempt to implement the decree of Allah SWT communicated to the mankind through Prophet Muhammad SAW:
﴾وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ إِلَّا رَحْمَةً لِّلْعَالَمِينَ﴿
Wa ma arsalnaka illa Rahmatan lil alameen (And We have not sent you, [O Muhammad], except as a mercy to the worlds (Al-Qur’an: 21-107).
Hence, I present my motto as follows: “Guided by the divine principles of Prophet Muhammad (SAW), sent to the worlds as a mercy by Allah SWT, I am committed to alleviating the burdens of people through initiatives at Dairy Science Park. My aim is to radiate as a beacon of hope and relief, seamlessly uniting earthly capabilities with spiritual insights.”
- Attended the 10th International Workshop on Swamp Buffaloes Reproduction at Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand; visited FAO-UN Regional Center; looked the resource utilization status of New Zealand, and other regional countries and realized the under-utilization of resources by Pakistan. On return back worked on dairy buffalo for my PhD thesis research.
- Prof M S Qureshi completed PhD studies at UAF; wrote an article in Frontier Post, highlighting the unexplored export potential exceeding US$ 20 billion.
- Invited by Chief Minister KP, Mehtab Abbasi, for exploring livestock sector; Invitation Letter
- Livestock Development Plan was prepared on advice of the Ex-Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, communicated vide letter dated 8-1-2003 to Minister Livestock GoKP, for productive utilization of provincial livestock resources targeted at export.
- Collaboration with CSU Australia
- Contributed at CSU Australia as Adjunct Professor
- Governor KP Awais Ghani concluded livestock training Workshop at Warsak
- Ideated and coined the phrase “Dairy Science Park” with Mr Abdur Rahman Ilyas, ICRISAT India, during Industrial Biotechnology Workshop at Alexandria Egypt in July 2010
Phase II – International Conference Series
- DSP I – 2011 Peshawar Inaugurated by Agriculture Minister and concluded by Livestock Minister
- DSP-KPCCI Linkages The Nation; Dawn;
- Arbab Ayub Jan, Minister for Agriculture KP at Industrial Exhibition
- Feed Mill functionalized via lease arrangement
- Dairy Technology utilized for entrepreneurship development
- The Plan was updated to Dairy Science Park through three successive international workshops during 2011, 2013 and 2015 at the University of Agriculture Peshawar and 2017 at Konya, Turkey. DSP
- DSP II – 2013 Peshawar; Express Tribune
- Inaugurated by President KPCCI, VC AUP and Dean FAHVS at DSP 2013
- The President Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chamber of Commerce and Industries (KPCCI), approved the Standing Committee on Livestock for integrating various stakeholders (Business Recorder Nov 1).
- UAP-ASF Dairy Business Support Initiative launched
- KPCCI desk to facilitate investment in livestock – Dawn
- Establishment of abattoir in Peshawar okayed – Dawn
- Local livestock marketing analysed at Peshawar
- Rabbits investigated as enterprenureship model; Feasibility Report
- Quails investigated for enterprenureship; Feasibility Report
- Legislative consultation for enterprenureship development
- The Minister for Agriculture, inaugurated Livestock Business Facilitation Desk at KPCCI (Business Recorder, May 26).
- The Special Assistant to Chief Minister on Law, supported legislative reforms to protect interest of the stakeholders and commended acceptance of the Park by the United Nations As SDG Action 40154.
- KPCCI opens livestock business facilitation desk
- Govt to create self-employment opportunities for youth – Dawn
Phase III – Biorisk Management, Entrepreneurship Development and Policy Interventions
- DSP III – 2015 Peshawar
- Inaugurated by Senior Minister LGE&RD and concluded by Livestock and Law Advisors to CM KP
- DSP 2015, concluded by Arif Yousaf, Mohibullah & Jaffar Shah MPAs
- DSP CEBG Collaboration
- DSP Collaborates with CAAS China
- DSP Services Center
- Silage introduced in KP
- Special Assistant to CM KP (Livestock) endorsed DSP
- The Special Assistant to Chief Minster on Livestock, supported the plan for preparing the province for International Halal Meat Market and advised for development of a policy to address the current challenges (UAP Coverage).
- The DSP head office/Display Center has been established at the City Towers, University Road Peshawar and the Park has been registered under Societies’ Registration Act XXI of 1860.
- A collaborative arrangement was agreed with CEBG, Pakistan Army for utilizing the semen and embryos from elite dairy and beef ruminants at the medium sized farms in the province and FATA.
- A collaboration on “Biorisk Management” was initiated with the Sandia National Laboratories USA. A four-members’ delegation of the Park visited the Netherlands in March 2015 for launching the initiative and attending Third One Health Congress at Amsterdam. Workshops were held at Dubai, Bangkok, Phuket, Colombo, Konya, Amman, Dubai-II, training 104 persons-times from academia, government and the private sector and preparing a curriculum package for integration into DVM degree program.
- An MoU was signed with the Khyber Institute of Veterinary Sciences, Peshawar for collaboration in livestock entrepreneurship development (LED).
- A letter of intent was signed in August, with the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences for collaborative research on development and trade of Halal products.
- Focal Persons were appointed for the Park for Australia, China, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Middle East, Turkey, Netherlands, USA and Canada.
- Price Capping damage Livestock Industry
- Senior Minister LGE&RD agreed on DSP Board
- Senior Minister LGE&RD Business Recorder
- Jan Arcade Meat Shop certified for quality maintainance
- Royal dairies started functioning
- Farmers Sausages DSP
- Dairy Science Park Innovations (DSPI) launched Dairy Science Park Innovations (DSPI) registered as a private firm, with GoKP vide number 1324/9/30055 dated 26-1-2016. Engr Irfan ul Haq Qureshi has been running the firm as Chief Executive Officer.
- Silage plant established by Mrhec SA Kamal Khan
- HEC Chairman appreciated University Industry Linkages for Feed Mill operation and accepted DSP as Center of Excellence
- Livestock policy formulation was hosted by DSP
- Chairman HEC supervised DSP-KMU-HEC MoU
- DSP Society Profile endorsed to Governor, CM, Sr Minister LG, Spl Assistant to CM Law/Livestock, Secretaries
- The Senior Minister for Local Government and Rural Development, Mr Inayatullah Khan allocated Rs.200 million for establishing a model slaughter house in consultation with the Park.
- The Senior Minister advised that an autonomous DSP Authority may be established under the supervision eminent academicians, and representatives of the Government, industry, farmers and civil society, focused at the burning issues of self-employment and hygienic food production.
- An MoU was signed with the Khyber Institute of Veterinary Sciences (KIVS), Peshawar for Enterpreneurship Development.
- Chief Minister KP approved the Task Force on Dairy Science Park, proposed by Senior Minister Local Govwernment GoKP on advice of Prof Qureshi and endorsed by Additional Chief Secretary GoKP. The same was endorsed to, the Secretary Agriculture for implementation.
- DSP SBBU Sheringal signed MoU
- MoU with Women Univ Mardan
- A Beacon of Hope -DSP’s Model Entrepreneur
- Peshawar Meat Factory
- BRM-6/DSP-IV 2017 – Konay
- Governor Balochistan supported DSP
- DSP delegation visited Konya Teknokent
- CM KP approved DSP Task Force
- Entrepreneurship Show 2017 Mashad
- Connected Iranian and Turkish organizations
- KP Assembly briefed on DSP
- Pak-Turk-Iran Enterprenureship Nexus proposed at ST+ Mashad
- Policy reforms resisted; AUP Management, DSP Chief Patron at loggerheads.
- Agricultural varsity, Dairy Science Park chief at loggerheads – Dawn
- Signed MoU with SBBU Sheringal
- Signed MoU with Women University Mardan.
- Fourth International Conference and Industrial Exhibition for Dairy Science Park was held at Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey and an MoU was signed with Konya Technopark for research and development linkages.
- Academia, industry join hands for supply of hygienic meat
- Turkey to help build capacity of farmers
- KPCCI highlights investment opportunities in livestock sector – The Nation
- Dr Subhan accuses KP officials of threatening farmers
- Collaboration agreed with KP Chamber of Agriculture
- At Khyber TV
- Meeting with butchers and QC Services
- Chairman supervised MoU with Turkey
- MoU with SU Jamshoro
- Reproduction Workshop at SAU Tandojam
- Therio Session at SBB UVAS Sakrand
- Welcome PM Imran Khan – Dairy Science Park ready for Entrepreneurship Revolution
- AUP Management, DSP Chief Patron at loggerheads
- Resistance to Policy Reforms – VC UAP victimizing academician of repute
- B2B collaboration between Pakistani and Turkish Enterprenures
- Food based Entrepreneurs in KP under threat
- Fifth, Sixth and Seventh DSP were scheduled for Khartoum Sudan, Beni Suef Egypt and Quetta Pakistan.
- Salary of Prof Qureshi President DSP stopped by UAP administration; Peshawar High Court provided relief to Prof Qureshi; but his wife died due to victimization of the family.
- FAO selected Prof Qureshi as National Consultant Livestock and report title, “Transforming Livestock Resources into a Beacon of Hope through a Good Governance Model”.
- Complaints submitted to Prime Minister’s Citizen Portal regarding non implementation of DSP actions
- Assisted in FAO Balochistan Livestock Policy
- Livestock Entrepreneurship Development Initiative (LEDI) launched at Quetta CCI
- DSP Balochistan Chapter established
- DSP worked with Sindh Universities for for peoples welfare
- Complaints at Prime Minister’s Citizen Portal P-1 P-2 P-3 P-4 P-5 P-6 P-7 P-8 P-9
- Peshawar High Court approached for relief
- Release of salary – HRC PHC
- Judgement in milk theft allegations page-1 page-2
- Writ petition for switchback from TTS to BPS-21
- DSP Khartoum planned
- DSP Beni Suef Planned
Phase IV – Establishing Technopunks
- Good Governance and Conflict of Interests
- Statement on milk inquiry to Anti-corruption Department
- Science and Technology Park Peshawar proposed to GoKP
- Suggested establishment of Quetta Technopark