Phase I – The Genesis
- Interaction with Meem Sheen as an Imam for Asar prayer, who was a famous journalist and an important organ of the Pakistan Freedom Movement
- Attended TV Lecture Series of Dr Israr Ahmad analyzing the history, current status and future of the Ummah in light of Qur’an and Hadith.
- Attended the 10th International Workshop on Swamp Buffaloes Reproduction at Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand; visited FAO-UN Regional Center; looked the resource utilization status of New Zealand, and other regional countries and realized the under-utilization of resources by Pakistan. On return back worked on dairy buffalo for my PhD thesis research.
- Prof M S Qureshi completed PhD studies at UAF; wrote an article in Frontier Post, highlighting the unexplored export potential exceeding US$ 20 billion.
- Invited by Chief Minister KP for exploring livestock sector
- Endorsement of Dr Qureshi’s Plan by Prof MS Qureshi
- Livestock Development Plan was prepared on advice of the Ex-Chief Minister Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, communicated vide letter dated 30th November, for productive utilization of provincial livestock resources targeted at export.
- Dr MS Qureshi Plan submitted to Mr Akram Durrani, CM KP CM KP ensorsed Dr MS Qureshi’s Plan to Minister Agriculture KP for implementation
- Chief Minister KP approved Livestock Development Plan of Prof Qureshi and endorsed it to Secretary Agriculture for implementation.
- Collaboration with CSU Australia
- Joined CSU Australia as Adjunct ProfessorCoined the phrase “Dairy Science Park” with Mr Abdur Rahman Ilyas, ICRISAT India, during Industrial Biotechnology Workshop at Alexandria Egypt in July 2010
- Governor KP Awais Ghani concluded livestock training at Warsak
Phase II – International Conference Series
- DSP I – 2011 PeshawarInaugurated by Agriculture Minister and concluded by Livestock MinisterDSP-KPCCI Linkages
- Arbab Ayub Jan, Minister for Agriculture KP at Industrial Exhibition
- Feed Mill functionalized via lease arrangement
- Dairy Technology utilized for entrepreneurship development
- The Plan was updated to Dairy Science Park through three successive international workshops during 2011, 2013 and 2015 at the University of Agriculture Peshawar and 2017 at Konya, Turkey.
- DSP II – 2013 PeshawarInaugurated by President KPCCI, VC AUP and Dean FAHVS at DSP 2013
- The President Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chamber of Commerce and Industries (KPCCI), approved the Standing Committee on Livestock for integrating various stakeholders (Business Recorder Nov 1).
- Minister Agric KP inaugurated DSP Desk at KPCCILocal livestock marketing analysed at PeshawarRabbits investigated as enterprenureship model
Quails investigated for enterprenureshipLegislative consultation for enterprenureship development
- The Minister for Agriculture, inaugurated Livestock Business Facilitation Desk at KPCCI (Business Recorder, May 26).
- The Special Assistant to Chief Minister on Law, supported legislative reforms to protect interest of the stakeholders and commended acceptance of the Park by the United Nations As SDG Action 9671 (https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/partnership/?p=9671).
Phase III – Policy Interventions
- DSP III – 2015 PeshawarInaugurated by Senior Minister LGE&RD and concluded by Livestock and Law Advisors to CM KPDSP 2015, concluded by Arif Yousaf, Mohibullah & Jaffar Shah MPAs
DSP CEBG CollaborationBRM-I-AmsterdamDSP Collaborates with CAAS China
UN SDG Action 9671
- DSP Services Center
- Silage introduced in KP
- Special Assistant to CM KP (Livestock) endorsed DSP
- The Special Assistant to Chief Minster on Livestock, supported the plan for preparing the province for International Halal Meat Market and advised for development of a policy to address the current challenges (https://www.aup.edu.pk/news_details.php?n_id=307).
- The DSP head office/Display Center has been established at the City Towers, University Road Peshawar and the Park has been registered under Societies’ Registration Act XXI of 1860.
- A collaborative arrangement was agreed with CEBG, Pakistan Army for utilizing the semen and embryos from elite dairy and beef ruminants at the medium sized farms in the province and FATA.
- A collaboration on “Biorisk Management” was initiated with the Sandia National Laboratories USA. A four-members’ delegation of the Park visited the Netherlands in March 2015 for launching the initiative and attending Third One Health Congress at Amsterdam. Workshops were held at Dubai, Bangkok, Phuket, Colombo, Konya, Amman, Dubai-II, training 104 persons-times from academia, government and the private sector and preparing a curriculum package for integration into DVM degree program.
- An MoU was signed with the Khyber Institute of Veterinary Sciences, Peshawar for collaboration in livestock entrepreneurship development (LED).
- A letter of intent was signed in August, with the Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences for collaborative research on development and trade of Halal products.
- Focal Points were appointed for the Park for Australia, China, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Middle East, Turkey, Netherlands, USA and Canada.
- Senior Minister LGE&RD agreed on DSP BoardSenior Minister LGE&RD press releaseJan Arcade Meat Shop certified for quality maintainance
Royal dairies started functioningFarmers Sausages DSPDairy Science Park Innovations launched
Silage plant established by Mr SA Kamal KhanBRM-2-DubaiHEC Chairman appreciated University Industry Linkages for Feed Mill operation and accepted DSP as Center of Excellence
Livestock policy formulation was hosted by DSPChairman HEC supervised DSP-KMU-HEC MoUDSP Society Profile endorsed to Governor, CM, Sr Minister LG, Spl Assistant to CM Law/Livestock, Secretaries
- The Senior Minister for Local Government and Rural Development, Mr Inayatullah Khan allocated Rs.200 million for establishing a model slaughter house in consultation with the Park.
- The Senior Minister advised that an autonomous DSP Authority may be established under the supervision eminent academicians, and representatives of the Government, industry, farmers and civil society, focused at the burning issues of self-employment and hygienic food production.
- An MoU was signed with the Khyber Institute of Veterinary Sciences, Peshawar for collaboration.
- Chairman HEC supervised MoU signing between DSP, KMU and UAP.
- DSP SBBU Sheringal signed MoUBRM-4-PukhetMoU with Women Univ Mardan
Model Entrepreneur DSPPeshawar Meat FactoryEconomy Beef
BRM-5-ColomboDSP IV 2017 – KonayGovernor Balochistan supported DSP
BRM-6-DSP 2017 inaugurated at KonyaDSP delegation visited Konya TeknokentCM KP approved DSP Task Force
Entrepreneurship Show 2017 MashadConnected Iranian and Turkish organizationsKP Assembly briefed on DSP
- Proposed Mardan/Quetta TechnoPark
- Chief Minister KP approved Task Force on DSP
- Pak-Turk-Iran Enterprenureship Nexus proposed at ST+ Mashad
- Policy reforms resisted; AUP Management, DSP Chief Patron at loggerheads.
- Signed MoU with KT Konya, Turkey, SBBU Sheringal and Women University Mardan.
- Fourth International Conference and Industrial Exhibition for Dairy Science Park was held at Selcuk University, Konya, Turkey and an MoU was signed with Konya Technopark for research and development linkages.
- Collaboration agreed with KP Chamber of AgricultureBRM-7-AmmanAt Khyber TVMeeting with butchers
Chairman supervised MoU with TurkeyMoU with SU JamshoroReproduction Workshop at SAU TandojamTherio Session at SBB UVAS Sakrand
- DSP worked with Sindh Universities for for peoples welfare; signed MoU with Sindh University Jamshoro.
- Welcome PM Imran Khan – Dairy Science Park ready for Entrepreneurship Revolution
- VC UAP victimizing academician of repute
- B2B collaboration between Pakistani and Turkish Enterprenures
- AUP rejects prof’s request of switchback from TTS to BPS
- Food based Entrepreneurs in KP under threat
- Fifth, Sixth and Seventh DSP were scheduled for Khartoum Sudan, Beni Suef Egypt and Quetta Pakistan.
- Salary of Prof Qureshi President DSP stopped by UAP administration; Peshawar High Court provided relief to Prof Qureshi; but his wife died due to victimization of the family.
- FAO selected Prof Qureshi as National Consultant Livestock and report title, “Transforming Livestock Resources into a Beacon of Hope through a Good Governance Model”.
- Complaints submitted to Prime Minister’s Citizen Portal regarding non implementation of DSP actions
- Assisted in FAO Balochistan Livestock Policy
- Livestock Entrepreneurship Development Initiative (LEDI) launched at Quetta CCI
- DSP Balochistan Chapter established
- DSP worked with Sindh Universities for for peoples welfare
- Complaints at Prime Minister’s Citizen Portal P-1 P-2 P-3 P-4 P-5 P-6 P-7 P-8 P-9
- Peshawar High Court approached for relief
- Release of salary – HRC PHC
- Judgement in milk theft allegations page-1 page-2
- Writ petition for switchback from TTS to BPS-21
- DSP Sudan and Egypt planned
Phase IV – Establishing Technopunks