Dairy Science Park – South Punjab Chapter was proposed during a visit of the organisers of DSP2023 to Cholistan University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences (CUVAS), Bahawalpur. The Sixth International Conference and Industrial Exhibition on Dairy Science Park (#DSP2023) was held at Islamia University Bahawalpur on March 20-21, 2023.
Sardar Ahmad Mujtaba Khan Rind facilitated the conference organisers to visit Derawar Fort and his land holdings adjacent to the Fort within the limits of 20 km, which he has already offered for establishing facilities for academia-industry-government linkages.
Dr Qudratullah facilitated the visit to CUVAS. The Departments of Clinical Medicine and Surgery, Theriogenology, Parasitology, Microbiology, Livestock Management, ABG, Nutrition, Zoology and Continuing Education and Extension, were visited. Discussion was held among the students, faculty members, farmers and the civil society activists regarding collaborative initiatives. DSP Southern Punjab Chapter and a Livestock Business Support Center (LBSC) would be established at CUVAS as envisioned under the consultative process of DSP made with FAO and ITC-UN.
DSP acknowledges support of Sardar Ahmad Mujtaba Rind facilitating our visit to Darawar Fort, local farmers and civil society executives.
Dairy Science Park Southern Punjab Chapter is suggested to be launched with the following goals:
1. Establishing a Livestock Entrepreneurship Development Centre at Bahawalpur.
2. Establishing one Research and Entrepreneurship Development Laboratory for Meat and one for Dairy at IUB.
3. Establishing one Meat and one Dairy R&ED Factory at CUVAS.
4. Enthusiastic faculty members and postgraduate scholars would be provided opportunities to demonstrate their academic wisdom in Animal Health and Production, into Entrepreneurship Models under an Endowment Fund.
5. Farmers land and animals resources would be engaged in the process on partnership basis.
6. Branded Dairy and Meat products would be produced tailored with consumers preference and quality standards for local and international markets.
7. Islamic Development Bank has shown interest in financing the proposal.
A WhatsApp Group titled, “Dairy Science Park – South Punjab Chapter” (DSP-SP) was launched, having membership up to the tune of 46 belloning to academia, industry and civil society. An Executive Committee and Cabinet were constituted for DSP-SP, Alhamdulillah.
- Sardar Ahmad Mujtaba Khan Rind, Chief of Royal Taman Rind, President
- Prof. Dr. Mussarat Abbas, ABG, IUB, Vice President
- Dr Mushtaq Ahmad Gondal, ICE&E, CUVAS, Secretary
- Prof Muhammad Khalid Mansoor, Dean FVAS, IUB, Coordinator National Linkages
- Dr Qudratullah, HOD CMS & Therio, CUVAS, Coordinator Animal Health
- Dr Zafar Siddiqui, ISRA University, Coordinator Innovations and Commercialization
- Prof EB Marghazani, Camel Assoc Pak, Coordinator Camels Entrepreneurship
- Mr Anwar Saleem Hashmi, SECure All Pakistan, Coordinator G-Fund
- Prof Shazia Anjum IUB, Coordinator Herbal Medicinal Industry
- Adv Muhammad Akram Somoro, Coordinator Legal Services
- Mr Yaseem Ayaz Shahani DG Khan, Member
- Dr Sohail Sajid, Parasitologist, UAF, Member
- Dr Ali Raza, IUB, Member
- Prof Riaz Hussain, Pathologist, IUB, Member
- Ch Muhammad Ismail, Ex Officer – Pak Rangers and Agripreneur, Member
- Prof M Subhan Qureshi, President DSP, Observer
- Mr Kamran Akram, GS, DSP, Observer
- Prof Azam Kakar, VP, DSP Balochistan, Observer
- DSP VI – 2023 Bahawalpur
- LEDC proposed
- DSP – Southern Punjab Chapter proposed
- Getting fresh camel milk
- The Camel Dance