The Government of Balochistan, Livestock and Dairy Development Department (L&DD) organized a workshop on Livestock Policy for Balochistan with assistance from Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations. Mr Marcell, FAO Head Baluchistan and Dr Azam Kakar, Director Planning LL&DD coordinated the event under overall supervision of Secretary L&DD.
Dr. Ghulam Hussain Jaffar presented an overview of GoB DLDD priorities and activities. Vision / Mission of DLDD including vision on themes such as animal health, governance, quarantine, markets, research and development; women economic empowerment through livestock development etc were highlighted. Information were shared regarding Public Sector Development Program 2019 – 2020 and analysis of GoB DLDD (SWOT).
Prof. Dr. M. Subhan Qureshi, President Dairy Science Park and National Consultant FAO presented a paper on “Innovative Development Approaches in Dairy and Livestock; lessons learned and examples from other provinces and abroad”. SWOT analysis Livestock Sector Pakistan, Vision on Livestock Sector Development Balochistan; unpolished ideas and recommendations; Role of Government / Public Sector; Cooperation with private sector (livestock producers, traders etc) and Cooperation with input and services providers; Overview of and impact of Livestock Policies in other Provinces Pakistan; Livestock Technokent in Balochistan and Roadmap and the way forward; who should do what, were included in the presentation.
- Konya Teknokent – DSP Collaboration
- Held Balochistan Livestock Expo 2019
- DSP assisted in FAO Balochistan Livestock Policy
- Governor endorsed Quetta TechnoPark and Balochistan Chapter of Dairy Science Park
- DSP Balochistan Chapter established
- FAO-DSP Triple Helix Model
- FAO-KP Livestock Action Plan 2019
- DSP Technoparks will be established with Konya Teknokent Collaboration